Local Governments & First Nations Matter
In an effort to provide a dedicated voice and clear accountability for our customer groups, BC Assessment recently realigned resources and created the Customer Division. Within the division is the Local Government & First Nations Department, which is focused on continually improving our products, services, communications, and collaboration with our Local Government & First Nations customers. The department will optimize our customer service by engaging local governments and First Nations on an ongoing basis to understand their expectations regarding assessment and property information services.
As a result of ongoing conversations with all our customer groups, BC Assessment has updated our Customer Service Commitments and Standards which are outlined herein and available on our public website.
Our Customer Service Commitments and Standards clearly indicate the level of service that you can expect from BC Assessment and ensure we focus on customer needs as we continue to deliver excellent service to our Local Government & First Nations customers.
Holding Ourselves Accountable:
We hold ourselves accountable through published performance measures that allow both BC Assessment and our customers to track our progress in meeting expectations. Our performance measures for Local Government & First Nations will continue to focus around the specific areas that are important to you:
- Roll Stability
- Data Accuracy
- New Construction
Here are our 2017 Assessment Roll results.
Our Customer Service Commitments:
Open & Transparent
- Explain the process and information used to value properties in clear and simple terms; Provide timely notice of significant changes in property assessments.
Fair & Accurate
- Keep property information current; Make information fully available to ensure property values are fair and accurate.
Timely & Accessible
- Actively seek ways for you to easily access information and interact with us; Provide a prompt acknowledgement and an informed response to your inquiry.
Knowledgeable & Respectful
- Answer your questions & deal with your property-related issues in a knowledgeable & professional manner.
Innovative & Collaborative
Constantly seek new and different ways to assist you in making property-related decisions; Collaborate with you to help us create innovative products and services that meet your changing needs.
- Ongoing work to implement additional performance measures for all customer groups.
- Enhanced Web Communication on our Service Standards and Performance Measures.